Sunday, November 1, 2009

Brain Dead Family (amazing we aren't dead!)

So, this family has too many brain dead people in it.

Brain Dead #1: Mom. Mom puts beans on to cook and then decides to take the big dog to a self serve dog bath place and then grocery shopping. As she is leaving it dawns on her that she put beans on the stove to cook. She calls home a few times and finally Dad answers the phone (with the smoke alarm going in the back ground) "Yes, you did try to burn down the house!" The beans were literally ashes at that point.

Brain Dead #2: Tomas. Tomas hears the smoke alarm, sees the house filling up with smoke so he opens the windows, decides Mom wants to cook that way and then continues playing the video game.

Brain Dead #3: David. David is in bed sick. He also hears the smoke alarm, smells the smoke but also hears Tomas playing a video game so he decides to ignore it and go back to sleep. (with the alarm blarring!)

We all went to church today smelling like a fire. The house still smells really bad.
It is truly amazing sometimes how we ever manage to survive.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh, wow. Although I'm pretty sure this isn't the FIRST time you've tried to burn down the house, this one sounds particularly bad!

Ria said...

That is a funny story. I'm glad it turned out okay. thanks for giving us a laugh today.

Sally said...

I can't believe it. 2 new posts. Wow! Unfortunately I think I inherited the brain dead gene as well. I haven't tried to burn our house down yet, but I'm sure I will some day.

Anna-Kare said...

Hysterical in a very familiar way. Sounds like something that could happen at my house. Glad the house is still standing.

Amy said...

glad to hear that you guys are alive!

Anonymous said...

Well, Dee Dee...its amazing the people you can find with Google. Its been years since Tampa, FL, USF and Institute. The last time I saw you was Sept 1976 at the BYU Creamery before I left for Melbourne Australia. I still have the picture. Looks like you've had a good life since. If you remember me and want to say "Hi" back, I'm on Facebook or email at d2chaffin@aol.com Take care...David Chaffin